Saturday, February 1, 2014

(Deck of Lies Book 2) The Tower by: Jade Varden

Publication Date: 
April 2012

Overview: 
A Tower of Deception...

Death brings some families closer, but it's ripped mine apart. I wanted to convince the police that they had the wrong suspect...but I never expected them to start suspecting me. Now, I have no choice but to keep searching for the truth, even if all my relationships fall to pieces around me.

Someone is trying to make me look guilty. I never thought my mission to prove my own innocence would lead me to more family secrets. I thought I had already discovered the truth about myself. But every answer raises more questions, and everything I think I know is about to change...again.

I have to find the truth, no matter how much it hurts -- before I get charged with murder.


My thoughts:
She's back. I was happy that author Jade Varden gave me another go at her work. I wanted to read it right away due to my love for Rain/Chloe/Glory, but due to demand I had to put my dreams on hold.
Finally getting back to this story had me excited. I wanted to know who murdered Laurel, but more importantly I wanted to know where Rain belongs. She really doesn't feel like a member of her new family, she has feelings for her "brother" and hates her sister. 
There is so much new info to gain from this books at times you feel overwhelmed or confused, but they know what they are talking about and have everything figured out. 
I myself am not sure who the killer is, but Rain believes it's one of her "siblings." I'm thinking it's Carsyn, because some of the clues sound female. Who knows. I hope to get the next book to read as well so I can find out the truth. 
And I hope for Rain's sake she find out the exact truth before too long. This stress is wearing her down!
Another great job, with strong characters. Twists and plots that you never see coming and so much drama!

My rating:
 5 stars

Up Next: 
Death

No comments:

Post a Comment