Sunday, February 16, 2014

Perfect Chemistry by;Simone Elkeles

Publications Date: 
December 2008

Overview: 
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

My thoughts:
This story deals with Racism and gangs, if you are easily offended BEWARE! This isn't my typical read, which is why I have never picked it up. But when I came across it at the local used bookstore for less then $1 I decided to give it a go! I have to say I fell in love instantly and am now wondering why I never tried it before.
Brittany is brave, in my opinion, to take on the forbidden relationship. I do think she's having a breakdown after dealing with her family for as long as she has.
Alex seems to be having his own short of meltdown, but only due to Brittany stepping in a showing a difference. The meltdown changes him and break his heart but brings him love and saves his life.
Sometimes love is worth changing over!

My rating: 
5 stars
Up Next:
Rules of Attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment