Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Burn by: Julianna Baggott

Publication Date: 
February 2014

Overview: 
With his father now dead, Partridge has assumed leadership of the Dome, one of the last few refuges from the ravaged wastelands of the outside world. At first, Partridge is intent on exposing his father's lies, taking down the rigid order of the Dome, and uniting its citizens with the disfigured Wretches on the outside. But from his new position of power, things are far more complex and potentially dangerous than he could have ever imagined.
On the outside, a band of survivors faces a treacherous journey to Dome. Pressia carries with her the key to salvation. If she can get it to the Dome, the Wretches could one day be healed and everyone might be able to put the horrors of the past behind them. Bradwell, the revolutionary, cannot forgive so easily. Despite Pressia's pleas, he is determined to bring down the Dome and hold its citizens accountable for leaving the rest of the world to burn. El Capitan, the former rebel leader, wants to help Pressia save as many lives as possible--but he's struggling to reconcile his newfound compassion with his vicious past.
As former allies become potential enemies, the fate of the world is more uncertain than ever. Will humanity fall to destruction? Or will a new world rise from the ashes?

My thoughts:
First of all this was hard for me to get through, considering I never read the others I felt lost at times. But I barged forward to get the review out for the author. 
I am a huge fan of Dystopians and this was very appealing. I have to say having not read the first two I feel like there is so much more that I could have loved if I understood it all the way. The other books are on my TBR pile and I will eventually get to them. This story is definitely one that I would recommend to those who enjoy such things as hunger Games and Under the Never Sky. The journey and adventure that occurs to the characters is much the same a fight to survive. 
There never seems to be a easy road or way out of things. I think that in the end you will enjoy this horrifying scary world. The characters seems very tramatized and overwhelmed with life and everything it has had in store for them and yet you just love the fight they have. Strong and talented writing.

My rating:
4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment