Monday, February 10, 2014

Fault in our Stars by: John Green

Publication Date:
 January 2012

Overview: 
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

My thoughts: 
This is an emotional roller-coaster. I picked it up because of all the hype on Facebook. (Apparently, it too will be made into a movie) 
But I was surprised to be dealing with such heavy topics. Considering most fan hype is over other things this one really shocked me when I read that it dealt with cancer and death. 
The love story that arrives from this book is bittersweet. I must say I cried during most of this book. 

My rating: 
5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment