Sunday, February 16, 2014

Beautifully Broken by: Sherry Soule

Publications Date: 
July 2011

Overview:
They say every town has its secrets, but that doesn't even begin to describe Fallen Oaks. The townsfolk are a superstitious lot and the mystical disappearance of a local teen has everyone murmuring about a centuries old witch’s curse. 

When sixteen-year-old Shiloh Trudell takes a summer job at Craven Manor, she discovers a ghost with an agenda. That’s where she meets the new town hottie, Trent Donovan, and immediately becomes enchanted by his charms. 

Finally, Shiloh’s met someone who is super cute and totally into her, but Trent is immersed in the cunning deception that surrounds the mysterious Craven Manor. So much so that he may lose sight of what is truly important to him. And she can’t decide whether she wants to shake him or kiss him. Yet neither one of them can deny the immediate, passionate connection growing between them. 

But underlying everything is the fear that Trent may be the next victim on a supernatural hit list, and Shiloh is the only person with the power to save him… 

With cryptic messages from a pesky wraith, Shiloh will finally begin to understand the mysterious significance of the strange mark branded on her wrist and decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice to protect the other teenagers in town.

Unfortunately, for Shiloh, not all ghosts want help crossing over. Some want vengeance.



My thoughts:
This was intense. Dealing with witchcraft and Native American heritages is amazing. The chemistry between the characters is spot on and exciting! 
I felt like I was on an amazing ride at amusement park! In the end I was holding my breath as were dealt the final blows and I wanted more and more! 
The family dynamic is sick and I wanted at time to hit someone, but held on for things to come about face. I think in the end things had to happen, the way they did for a reason and feel really bad for everyone involved. I don't want to give anything away this time I want everyone surprised, much like I was!

My rating:
4 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment