Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Drowned Sorrow by: Vanessa Morgan


Publication Date: 
November 2013

Overview: 
Megan Blackwood has just lost her son in an accident. Now she has come to Moonlight Creek with her teenage daughter, Jenna, hoping that a change of scenery might help to put their lives back together. But something odd is happening in Moonlight Creek. When rain falls over the village, its inhabitants commit grisly murders, leaving the village deserted again with the first rays of sunshine. Beneath the lake's surface, something watches... and waits... Waits to reveal a tragic past drowned in mystery and fear. One that doesn't bode well for visitors. By the time Megan realizes that her daughter's life is in danger, it might already be too late. 


My thoughts:
 This work is very creative. They way she used water as the center of the entire plot was incredibly clever. The opening was shocking and attention grabbing. The plot was intriguing and twisted. I enjoyed that she only gave away a little at a time. Never too much so you know where she is going. It's a secret to the end. The characters are really well written. 
I will say that I am not a fan of trying to follow several stories at once. I feel confused and sometimes get lost. These where easier to follow then some that follow that pattern, I didn't feel that it skipped around too much for my taste and could have slowed down and given a little more information. I also see that no one received any kind of redemption, you would expect them to get it. I also think there should of been and in depth explanation about how it all came about. 


My rating: 
3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment