Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sacrifice by: Cayla Kluver

Publication Date:
December 2012

Overview: 
This is not the time for the fight to end. Now is when the fight will begin. This is the time to regain what has been lost.
Alera
Queen of a fallen kingdom, secretly in love with the enemy.
Shaselle
Daughter of a murdered father, rebel with a cause.
One lives behind the former Hytanican palace walls and walks the razor's edge to keep the fragile peace in her beloved homeland. The other slips through the war-torn streets, seeking retribution for her family's tragedy, following whispers of insurgency.
Both face choices that will separate them from those they cannot help but love. As their stories intertwine, a conspiracy ignites that may end in slavery or death—or lead to freedom anew, if only each can face what must be sacrificed.
My thoughts:
I have to tell you that I was angered by this one. I wanted more of an ending. Tell me how they fared in the future. Give me something, anything but a dinner. THE END!
After investing a week of my life into this trilogy, I really was hoping for that happy ever after ending. Something to tell me they had a beautiful future and now I fell washed and put away wet! I love Alera and Narian and am so glad things have settled down in the beginning even if it wasn't as we all wanted, it was something better then nothing. And the new character Rava, I would have probably stabbed with something. 
Getting to walk in Shaselle'e shoes for part of this story was really a neat adventure. This girl was lost and alone, really. But found that source of comfort and lost it again. The end of her story will give you a glimpse of forever.
The author does have a great tale on her hands. I really did love this, only just not the end!
My rating: 
5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment