Saturday, January 11, 2014

Legacy by: Cayla Kluver

Publication Date: 
June 2011

Overview: 

A CROWN PRINCESS
A SCANDALOUS SECRET CRUSH
A KINGDOM ON THE BRINK OF DISASTER

In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father’s choice of suitor fills her with despair.
When the palace guard captures an intruder—a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom’s greatest enemy — Alera is alarmed...and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.
In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won’t be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.

My thoughts:
When I first started this book I was bored and actually had trouble getting into it. I put it down for several months and decided to make my way through it again. The over view makes you want to enjoy it and so I gave it the chance it deserves. And lets face it I made it through in flying style. The characters are strong and well written. The story line is fun and romantic, as well as a little action in there. 
Alera must be married, her father is tried of being king and he want s to let someone one new reign. In doing this it's with either Alera or her baby sister that has to marry and rule. I would let my sister do it, but Alera knows her sister is in love with another. And although she is as well she decides to put her sisters feelings above her own and marries a man she doesn't desire. 
Before she can marry him, she falls so completely for another that she is breaking rules and breaking hearts in order to be with the enemy. Now I myself would not yet consider him an enemy, he is from their country and he wants to stay but lived so long and trained in another that it is hard to see where his true loyalty lies. 
He leaves and her fate is set. 

My rating: 
4 stars

Up next:
 Allegiance

No comments:

Post a Comment