Monday, January 13, 2014

Allegiance by: Cayla Kluver

Publication Date
February 2012

Overview: 
He couldn't help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep blue eyes pierced me and held me captive.
An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return…
Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man who holds her heart. For Narian is destined to conquer Hytanica at the behest of his master, the powerful magic-user known as the Overlord. Alera doesn't truly believe Narian will fight against Hytanica—until Cokyrian troops attack with Narian commanding the charge.
Faced with the greatest betrayal a heart can know, Alera must set aside personal feelings and lead her kingdom through its darkest time. And when all hope, will and courage seem lost, she must find strength and remember that even the blackest night must have a dawn….

My thoughts:
I have to say this is the most heartbreaking book. Just the torment and terror the characters face in most of the book, it would tear me apart. I love Alera, she is so strongly written and committed to the cause. She gave her life up to make her sister happen and I can say from experience with my siblings, that never happens. 
This book starts where the other leaves off so you never feel lost or like something isn't right. Alera is married now and must make a future with her king. But she keeps him at bay. I must say he is a strong man, because not to many would be faithful and patient as long as he was. War erupts over the kingdom, many are killed or lost. 
One is taken, but finally returned. One is tortured painfully so, but recovers. And love finds itself again. I am currently reading the final installment and I can say it's rough too. 

My rating: 
5 stars

Up Next: 
Sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment