Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thrall by: Jennifer Quintenz

Publication Date: 
March 2014

Overview:
Braedyn is a normal girl just trying to survive high school with her two devoted friends, Royal and Cassie. Together they're doing a pretty good job of shrugging off the slings and arrows cast their way by the popular crowd when a new boy, Lucas, moves into the house next door. Suddenly Braedyn finds herself falling in love for the first time.

But as her sixteenth birthday approaches, Braedyn discovers humankind is at war with the Lilitu, an ancient race of enticing demons that prey on human souls. Her father is a member of the Guard fighting against the Lilitu - and so are the new neighbors, including her crush, Lucas.

As her world starts to unravel at the seams, Braedyn learns the right answers aren't always clear or easy. And as for "good" and "evil" - it all depends on how we choose to act.

Inspired by the ancient Mesopotamian myths of Lilith and her offspring, Thrall explores first love, strong friendships, and taking on adult responsibilities against the backdrop of powerful supernatural forces and life-and-death stakes.


My Thoughts:
This is one RED HOT READ! Very intense and sexy. I have to say I was impressed. After being harassed by a few friends(bloggers) who had gotten the chance to read this, I was glad to be given the chance as well. It took me long to actually get to it then originally planned. I think I am a month behind. 
IT definitely has appeal that everyone should want to pick it up and read it. The love story with this is very strong the characters are better together (Taylor Swift, eat your heart out kinda thing). IT makes you gasp and wanna fight to have that kind of love. There is heart break as with any love story but worth the breaking I believe. 
I do have to tell you that I feel bad for Braedyn, not just having a seemingly boys name, but she has a rough go around. It's always something, sounds like my worst nightmare. Of course this is a supernatural read, but seriously real world happenings.

My rating:
5 stars

Up Next: 
Incubus

No comments:

Post a Comment