Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Out of the Cave by: Cotton E. Davis

Publication Date: 
October 2013

Overview: 
Timewarp Inc, brings Adam Stancil, a 15-year-old Neanderthal boy to this century, where he is mainstreamed into a Midwestern high school. As he assimilates into modern culture, makes friends, deals with bullies, plays on the football team, he discovers it was human ancestors who, back in the Ice Ages, murdered his people with superior weaponry. First, Adam was hurt. Then, he felt betrayed. Now, Adam is mad.


My thoughts: 
I was a little confused by the thoughts of someone wanting to go through time and then bring home a boy that has to been more lost and confused, then I was while reading this. He is thrust into the life of a person that he shouldn't been pushed to be. I think they are trying to tell us that everyone struggles, although we all should know that. 
But let me ask this, how did they get him to the leave that he is ready to attend school (high school , no less). It takes us years to be prepared for that level and yet he did it in two. I thin they need to be a bit more realistic. Although the writing is strong and the characters are wonderful I think they are forgetting a few things here.


My rating:
2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment