Friday, March 28, 2014

Sister's Red by: Jackson Pearce

Publication Date: 
May 2010

Overview: 
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?


My thoughts: 
I've never been one for retellings, but lately I have found myself thrust in their way! So I have given several a try. This is one that I struggled with the first bit, but the further I went in the more I liked it and wanted to know what would happen in the end!
I love Scarlett's fierceness. I think this is one brave girl, GIRL ON FIRE! Silas sounds in credibly hot and I have to say I would go for it! I know they are friends but I would have gone for it. Rosie sounds like my little sister annoying, but great and always in my corner!
The werewolves in this are crazy but these girls are kicking their butts. Oh and taking names...literally.
This story is great and I really wish this was more to this, another tale on the side that I could pick up!
I do wish that Scarlet had gotten Silas, or that she found any sort of love...that would have been an amazing way to end out this tale.

My rating: 
4 stars
Up Next: 
Sweetly

No comments:

Post a Comment