Monday, November 25, 2013

The Book Theif by: Markus Zusak


Publication Date: September 2007

Overview: It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.
Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement.
ME: I haven't actually read this book. I had a really hard time getting started and never fully go into this. But after watching the trailer for this book I think I will have to add it to my pile. All the fans of this series have been raving and talking about it for years. I know it was probably one if the first to make my list of TBR, but never finished and barely started. Me the ever faithful trier of everything will try and try until I can finish it. 
Here is  preview of the movie releasing next year in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment