Thursday, May 1, 2014

The One that I Want by: Jennifer Echols

Publication Date: 
December 2011

Overview:
Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken.

Then Addison pressures Gemma to join the date with one of Max’s friends. But the more time they all spend together, the harder Gemma falls for Max. She can’t help thinking that Max likes her back—it’s just too bad he’s already dating Addison. How can Gemma get the guy she wants without going after her best friend’s boyfriend?

My thoughts:
First after reading many of Jennifer's books I am in love with this author, but this book is less then stellar. I was actually bored at times and had a hard time stay focus on what I was reading. This girl, Gemma, was once a fat chick (like me) and has gone with peer pressure and started losing weight. The plus side of this is that she exercises and is not throwing up. The only problem I see is that maybe she has too much on her plate. Her parents divorce, keeping her hateful best friend happy and school crap. Then there is teaching kids and going to baton lessons and majorette practice. 
Throw in a romance that isn't suppose to be and one that is...you have full out drama. Which at times can be amusing but this times I wasn't even interested. I know this can sound harsh but really?

My rating: 
2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment