Monday, August 29, 2011

9th Grade Slays by: Heather Brewer

Publication Date: January 2009

Overview:
If middle school stunk for Vladimir Tod, high school is a real drain. Besides being a punching bag for bullies, he’s still stalled with dream girl Meredith, and he’s being tailed by a photographer from the school newspaper. Needless to say, practicing his vampire skills hasn’t exactly been a priority for Vlad — until now. A monumental trip to Siberia with Uncle Otis is Vlad’s crash course in Vampire 101. Training alongside the most gifted vampires is exactly what Vlad needs to sharpen those mind-control skills he’s been avoiding. And he’d better get it right, because the battle brewing back home with the slayer who’s been stalking him could be Vlad’s last.

My thoughts: My cousin and I both argue about this book. I think it was better than the first but she likes the first one.....we'll see which is better...LOL
I really like Henry, he isn't afraid of anything and in fact seems to enjoy helping. Even if it means that Vlad needs to bite him.
I'm glad to see Vlad is awkward with girls, it makes me feel good knowing it isn't always girls that are shy or embarrassed easily when it comes to new relationships and things.
I think that Otis, Vlad's uncle is chicken poo. He seems really afraid of everything, unlike Vlad who is ready to defend his uncle and himself.
Their family friend seems like a really great guy. He is so helpful to Vlad and isn't afraid to hit dark areas, which can be bed, but I also think it is the best way to let Vlad know what he's up against.
Joss, Henry's cousin, is an idiot. Really he's a a bad guy. But I can't believe that he hide his secret for so long. And he is working for the wrong people. And sooner or later he will figure it out. Maybe when they are feeding off him or trying to kill him.

My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment