Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Iron Jawed Boy by: Nikolas Lee

Publication Date:
July 2013

Overview:

Year 2300
Protea: Capitol of the Eldanarian Isle

Two hundred years have passed since the lands of the Outerworld humans were destroyed, save but a handful of rebellious cities. In their ruin, the last gods of Earth, the Illyrians, rose victorious. And ever since, it's with a cruel iron fist they've ruled over their subjects--desperate to keep their thrones.

Fast approaching his teens, Ionikus Reaves knows the gods' malevolence all too well, orphaned by them after their call for a military draft on Eldanar, his home island. But when a power once dormant in Ion boils to the surface, he's whisked off to a hidden world of the island, where he comes face-to-face with the mighty Illyrians.

For Ion is a Guardian--a reincarnated god bound to serve and protect the pantheon he's so quickly learned to hate. Now torn between his obligations as a Guardian and his hatred of the gods he's to guard, Ion finds himself in the middle of a war within himself. A war that could uncover a dark secret of the gods'...and split the pantheon in two.


My thoughts:
I have to tell you that I had many thoughts going through my head before I read the book. I thought it was childish. My cousin read it and loved it but we have many different taste in books and so I just just thought this was another and never planned to read it. Then the author contacted me and and asked me to read it and; therefore I gave it the chance it deserves. 
I'm going to tell you that I am a huge Potter fan and have never found anything that compares til now. I'm not saying this is a replica or really similar it just has these touches that takes you back. The magic, mystery and mayhem that occurs in this book is quite something.
I couldn't imagine walking around in life with a piece of metal attached to my face, that alone is the most awful thing I could think could occur. But then the whole slavery thing is bad on another level and I hate for something like that to happen to anyone. 
The look at this boys life and how he gets himself out of this and that is great the futuristic feel to this keeps us thinking and amazed.

My rating:
4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment