Monday, October 7, 2013

Crimson Frost by: Jennifer Estep

Publication Date: December 2012

Overview: For a moment, a face flashed before my eyes--the most hideous face I'd ever seen. No matter how hard I tried to forget what had happened, I saw him everywhere I went. It was Loki--the evil god that I'd helped set free against my will.
I should have known that my first official date with Logan Quinn was destined to end in disaster. If we'd gotten into a sword fight, or been ambushed by Reapers, I'd have been more prepared. But getting arrested mid-sip at the local coffee hangout? I didn't see that one coming. I've been accused of purposely helping the Reapers free Loki from his prison--and the person leading the charge against me is Linus Quinn, Logan's dad. The worst part is that pretty much everyone at Mythos Academy thinks I'm guilty. If I'm going to get out of this mess alive, I'll have to do it myself. . .
My thoughts: The book makes me angry, and considering I am so in love with this series, it's almost like a knife in the heart. I don't understand why her teachers don't fight back for her more. Why they can't take that stand and say they believe her and will be by her side no matter what. 
Anyone in their right mind would see the records of Vivian being gone from school and know that she is evil and is plotting things against good. But the government is blinded, much like other governments. 
Meeting Logan's parents is nerve racking for anyone not just Gwen. I probably would've been throwing up all morning. The whole experience with them should have been different and even the ending with evil making it's way into the open. 
The ending of this one is crazy and makes you really want to go back through and reread to see if you can get hints as to it leaning this way! Someone is very heartbroken and so am I. The other is heartbroken and has run away! Typical outcome but spectacular!
My rating: 5 stars
Up next: Midnight Frost 

No comments:

Post a Comment