Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where She Went by: Gayle Forman

Publication Date: April 2011


Overview: 
Picking up several years after the dramatic conclusion of If I Stay, Where She Went continues the story of Adam and Mia, from Adam's point of view. Ever since Mia's decision to stay - but not with him - Adam's career has been on a wonderful trajectory. His album, borne from the anguish and pain of their breakup, has made him a bona fide star. And Mia herself has become a top-rate cellist, playing in some of the finest venues in the world. When their respective paths put them both in New York City at the same time, the result is a single night in which the two reunite - with wholly satisfying results.

My thoughts: I have to say another great job by Gayle. This book was from Adam's point of view, bold and well written. 
You always wonder what guys go through in these moments and I have to say that I am not surprised they face some of the same issues we, girls do. 
I love that Adam is famous and is dealing with the limelight and the loss he feels for Mia. He band mates don't always get everything and aren't sympathetic it seems. Which really sucks when together you are a great source of income and fun. 
And in the end I am so glad that Mia and Adam find each other and find peace with the choices they have made. 

My rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment