Wednesday, May 23, 2012

13 Reasons Why by: Jay Asher

Publication Date: June 2011


OverviewClay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.


My thoughts: I thought this was sick and twisted truly. Sending and audio tape around to people to let them know why you killed yourself. I mean really. Why blame people. Most disturbing outlook on life, that I think I have ever read. 
And why should these people who are probably already shook up deal with your death through tapes. Gross!
I know that you want to set the truth free but to paint people as evil is wrong. Sure out yourself, by don't do it to others.
But apparent;y this girl has no feeling for others, sure there were times that I felt bad for her but overall I think she needed to get mental help. Really.
And I hope that this boy is not going to go crazy from all that he has learned.


My rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment