Friday, October 7, 2011

Bloodlines by: Richelle Mead

Publication Date: Aug. 23, 2011

Overview: The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and every one's out for blood.


My thoughts: OK so apparently I read this book way back in early September but am just now getting around to posting...sorry if you have been following and have been bored looking at the old post.
Wow...is a word that I would use for a book that I have waited forever to read. I was so sad when Vampire Academy ended and hated that I would never get to read more tales from Rose and Dimitri. But ready this series has helped...you at least hear about them and their wonderful times together.
Sydney in my opinion was very misunderstood. Sure she was weird around vampire, but wouldn't you be if you were brainwashed to believe that they were evil, but you had to protect them anyway. I am just glad she finally has her won series to let the world know the truth about her and her feeling on vampires. And sure she is still uneasy but she is warming up to them.
Keith is a jerk and deserves everything and more that he gets. I can't believe what he did to Syd's sister. And hope he is found out and rots in the hell he has created for himself.
Lee another new character is a vampire gone wrong...that's all I can say to describe someone who wants to be evil and does everything in hie power to get back to that.
I feel really bad for Jill, someone whose life has been turned upside down and inside out, and then is moved to a far of place to be kept from danger. To her it's punishment, but we know it's for the best.
Adrian and Eddie are back. And man do these boys need to step up their game. I think they would be great mates for Syd and Jill, if they ever had the courage to do something about it
Can't wait for more.....

My rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment