Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Publication Date: July 2010



Synopsis: In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.

My thoughts: I found this book to be gut wrenching...literally.
AS the book begins we have a new wolf to deal with...or should I say for Isabel to deal with, and she does a fabulous job...I must say, most would freak. His Name is Cole and he is a rockstar who is running away from his past.
WE are still dealing with missing wolves, new wolves and dead wolves....eeeeewww.
SAm is having a hard time dealing with not only being human permanently but also missing Beck, his father figure.
Cole and Isabel have this comedic romance thing going on, which Ms. Maggie could have another great romance to write about there, if she wanted. I do hope there is more of them in the next book.
Grace id sick, I mean really sick. The wolf that she was meant to be is killing her, because she never was one. 
Her parents end up catching her and SAm in the Sack one night after having a bad dream and screaming the house down...uh oh. Then she gets ground from him for like life or something and then he gets really pissed off and decides to run away to be with him.
 Which works of course until she starts getting really sick and needs a hospital. 
Where the guys figure out what she needs and do it...but that leaves Sam alone!
I can't wait to read the next book.....I need to know what will become of these lovestruck kids......

My rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really good book. I'll check it out!

    I really like your blog, so I want to give you an award I am to pass on, the Versatile Blogger Award. You can either go here ( http://books-old-and-new.blogspot.com/2011/04/awards-are-cool.html ), or click on my name to go to my blog, to accept, if you choose to do so.

    ReplyDelete