Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Matched by: Ally Condie

Publication Date: November 2010



Synopsis

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.
The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

My thoughts: Wow...so futuristic. this book really knew how to draw me in. It's different from al the book I have been reading which is what first made me want to read it.
Cassia is matched with her best friend Xavier..which that in itself would make me crazy..how do you expect a girl to go from friends to husband and wife with her best friend...especially when she's 17. Well then she watches her chip and discovers that if Ky Markham was eligible for MAtching he would be her mate....how do you let someone else's sins hold you back. If I was Ky I would be ticked off. everyone knows why he's not matched and it has to be embarrassing because everything was his dad's fault not his.
Ky has everything that Cassia has been hiding about herself...love for poetry and the outdoors. They use their time together doing forbidden things touching writing and more in the end Cassia must chose only one boy and if I were her and my families life were on the line I would chose Xavier let me take the sacrifice for them.
I wonder who she will end up with? This author left me hanging! What happens to Cassia and the boys? Will the officials get them if she choses wrong?
oh and the officials someone smack them from me...for choosing people mates...I mean come on that's like an arranged marriage. that went out with the Dinosaurs age.

My rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment