Monday, November 1, 2010

Need by: Carrie Jones

Publicatipn date: December 2009


Synopsis: Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect lipsticks. Little wonder, since life’s been pretty rough so far. Her father left, her stepfather just died, and her mother’s pretty much checked out. Now Zara’s living with her grandmother in sleepy, cold Maine so that she stays “safe.” Zara doesn’t think she’s in danger; she thinks her mother can’t deal.

Wrong. Turns out that guy she sees everywhere, the one leaving trails of gold glitter, isn’t a figment of her imagination. He’s a pixie—and not the cute, lovable kind with wings. He’s the kind who has dreadful, uncontrollable needs. And he’s trailing Zara.
With suspense, romance, and paranormal themes, this exciting breakout novel has all the elements to keep teens rapidly turning the pages.

My thoughts: Umm.... can you say werewolves, tigers and eagles...oh my!
When I stared reading this book I laugh at the thought of pixies being evil, only due to my extreme love of fairies and pixies.
I have to say that Ian and Megan gave me the creeps right from the start and I glad to know there was a reason for it. And I can say good going Gran for taking  care of that mess.
I feel bad for Zara who watches her step-father, whom is more of a father, die. how tragic. And now she understand why and what caused the whole thing. Why though did the pixie show up so far from Maine? I wondered for her mother or her! but we soon learn that he is her father the King of pixies and he's after her mom but if her can't have her mother he will take her. Creepy!
And Zara then realizes she is part Pixie and part human....so therefore all pixies aren't bad.
Dear Nick...could you be my protector....and werewolf boyfriend....LOL! To bad Zara found you first!


My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment