Friday, June 21, 2013

Unravel Me by: Tahereh Mafi

Publication Date: February 2013

Overview: 
tick tick tick tick tick it's almost time for war.
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.
She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.
Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

My thoughts: Juliette feels trapped and I don't blame her. Because she is forced to live in an underground world of people with special powers. I can tell you that living underground to anyone would be awful. But with people who have powers and can only use them to practice and protect, they have to have bad days and me being bi-polar knows that my bad days are really bad. Screaming and much more can be found. She wants to be with Adam but dealing with things that have happened doesn't make it easy. Adam is trying to find his powers but they don't know what to do about their relationship.
But together they must face Warner an the possibilites that he is Adam's family. And the known fact that he has powers himself. War Ensues the area, causalties are a must. 
My rating: 4 stars

3 comments:

  1. I really loved this story so I'm sorry you didn't completely love it.

    I personally really loved this story. It is probably my favorite read of the year so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. online pokies
    I'm intrigued by this novel for the idea that it "stepped outside the boundaries of mainstream contemporary". I honestly had no idea this book had to do with mental illnesses, which makes me wonder if that was done deliberately? Because without any warning of the writing style, I can definitely see why it would be frazzling for the reader. As for the metaphors--was it Tahereh Mafi-esque?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked it Alexa just not completely satisfied by the Warner situation. He really makes me crazy but all villains have to I guess. I am glad to see your such a big fan of this!

    ReplyDelete