Friday, November 4, 2011

Elphame's Choice by: P.C. Cast

Publication Date: September 2009


Overview:
I was marked from birth as belonging to the Goddess Epona--but that didn't make my life easy. Because of my "blessings," I was set apart, worshipped, unable to make real connections with others. Then came the Feeling, and with it a glimpse of my destiny. It led me to the MacCallen castle of legend, deserted since the terrible Fomorian war.
I followed the wordless call to breathe new life into a place long dead, but I didn't realize there were dark remnants of the war lingering in the nearby forest--victims and survivors who remained hidden. Others marked as different, powerful. Feared.
My choice was now twofold. I could keep to the happiness and safety of my new found home, or I could choose a path that led to something more terrible, more dangerous, more thrilling than anything I'd ever expected.
And in that future I might never be alone again. . .

My thoughts: I am not surprised to find the dark creatures of the past are back. although I am surprised to find that one of them is not evil, but good. He also loves Elphame. He saves her and her new clan from his clan.
Brenna was most unfortunate, she was burn and lost her family. She comes to a new place to start over and finds love. She did not deserve her fate, and her lover did not deserve what he got either.
Cu is cocky tho and at times I feel like someone should smack him just to set him straight. I do think it is time for him to find his true path in life and live it, instead of trying to care for others.
Elphame took great risk, but lucky for her it work out for the best and she got to find love.

My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment